THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

11 July 2009

Photo of the Day


So I've always been wild about this picture....the first I saw it was inside a book my sister had gotten me for my tenth birthday. Women in Film. This one immediately caught my eye (along with one of Babs as Yentl, but that's a different story...). So, here 'tis...the wonderful Ida Lupino. It took me a while to see a movie that actually starred Ms. Lupino (They Drive by Night, with Bogie-- mahvelous). In the beginning, I stuck to ones she'd directed. The Hitchhiker, The Bigamist, and (rather light compared to the other two) The Trouble with Angels. Anyway, she's pretty cool. And this is a grand picture, no?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just found your blog.
and i think i'm in love.

ida is ridiculously gorgeous, especially so in this shot-- thanks for posting it.

who says hot chicks can't do a man's job? she was a DAMN fine director!

Juliette. said...

Haha, agreed. She was great.

:)

A said...

Ooo, I love this photo